Family Guy

• Please log in to reply

8409 replies to this topic

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Stewie continues the tradition of having a bigger penis than Peter. Somehow I bet Meg would win, too. Speaking of Meg, nice to see her have a plot for once. Dr. Hartman is such a horrible doctor, he doesn't even have Meg wearing scrubs. And when she did, it was too big on her. At least she managed to save the day.

I'd ask to see more parodies of bad public access shows, but that's what Tim & Eric Awesome Show was. Which I liked. Mostly.

I know that Lois' heart was in the right place to get Peter to actually help around the house, but I feel absolutely nothing that both sides of this whole part made Lois and Peter unlikable.

Totally not surprised that Adam West would watch a public access kid show, but anything that he does just makes me laugh.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

InvaderNorbert
I know that Lois' heart was in the right place to get Peter to actually help around the house, but I feel absolutely nothing that both sides of this whole part made Lois and Peter unlikable.

I don't agree. Lois made way more valid points than Peter did. I don't think she was made to be unlikable at all. Although I did burst out laughing at her assault at CostMart.

Sheesh. On AD or CS, Meg would've been thanked.

InvaderNorbert
Dr. Hartman is such a horrible doctor

That came out of nowhere for me. He'd always at least been portrayed as a better doctor than we saw tonight.

This was the first real Peter/Stewie interaction I'd really seen since that time Peter started spending more time with Stewie. You know, the episode in which they went to Disney World. And on a side note, this must've been the first time I actually saw Chris holding Stewie. Usually, it's Peter (albeit rarely), Lois, or Meg who holds him.

Edited by TDWT Kristen, Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:18 AM.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:09 AM

I wouldn't have blamed Meg if she just let Peter bleed to death.

I know I'm probably letting my hatred of Lois speak for me, but Saggy Naggy made me laugh. And I loved that for one brief shining moment, pre-cancellation matricidal Stewie came back when Lois was assaulted by those kids.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

He probably only did because he knew he wouldn't get caught for it.

Oh, and while I'm at this, Ted is so the kind of movie Seth would make. Especially given the movies shown on FG between humans and animals or humans and not-so-inanimate objects. And it's so obviously going to fail.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 2:05 PM

Hopefully the series finale has Meg going to medical school and then going on to be a successful doctor with no contact with her asshole family. Just sayin'.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:44 PM

I liked this episode, showed Lois' more bitchy side - it felt like though she was basically wanting Peter to do EVERYTHING while she went out and did her pilates and other hobbies. Marriage is a partnership, two to tango - etc, nevermind....

Is this a continuity error because last I recall Mother Maggie and the rest of the farm were British and set in England?

Edited by Blixx, Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:45 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

The season before last, there was an episode in which Stewie auditioned to be on an American version. Subplot involved Lois stealing Meg's very-much-normal boyfriend, Anthony, from her.

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

Ted is so the kind of movie Seth would make. Especially given the movies shown on FG between humans and animals or humans and not-so-inanimate objects. And it's so obviously going to fail.

I kinda hope not, because I have to admit, the commercial for Ted had me laughing my arse off.

A Conspiracy

A Conspiracy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

RIP Mike Wallace

(see Meet the Quagmires)

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

Yeah I thought of that joke where Death(Adam Carolla) not wanting to be too far away from him!

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:34 PM

New episode tonight!

For some reason, I love whenever people write with giant quills.

So glad to see Evil!Stewie rear his head again, and meeting an evil Girl Stewie to do evil with was great to see. But they were different kinds of evil: Stewie wanted to rule the world, but Penelope just wants to destroy it. I really liked that overblown fight scene at the end. It felt fresh, but I guess that due to the fact that there wasn't a giant chicken present.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

In the credits it said evil girl was voiced by Cate Blanchett. That's cool.

I loved Peter and Quagmire's "love" story.

Jess Sayin

Jess Sayin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

Loved Peter & Quagmire's bro-mance!! At first I thought it was weird but then I found it very sweet.

What is the deal with hearing Chris in the beginning but not seeing him, and seeing Meg at the end but not giving her any lines?

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:52 AM

I'm actually more of a fan of Stewie's current characterization, but I'll concede that it's sometimes good to see him occasionally revert to his pre-cancellation self. Just don't do it too much, FG.

I liked Penelope and really hope she returns in the future. I was surprised she succeeded where Stewie failed in killing her own mother.

The beginning of the episode aside, it was nice to see Brian be the voice of reason again rather than his come-to-be-expected liberal, hypocritical douchebag self.

And yes, I liked the "love" story of Peter and Quagmire, as well. There was something sweet about it.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Great episode! I loved seeing the old evil Stewie again, and Cate Blanchett was awesome. Even the Peter/Lois subplot didn't annoy me as it usually does.

I liked Penelope and really hope she returns in the future. I was surprised she succeeded where Stewie failed in killing her own mother.

Maybe for the series finally, she and Stewie will rid us of Lois once and for all. We can dream, right?

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

What is the deal with hearing Chris in the beginning but not seeing him, and seeing Meg at the end but not giving her any lines?

Thanks, I thought my recording cut off.

I'm on the other end, where I don't really like sleeping with people. I got a queen size bed and even then it can be too small.

I did like that they qualified the episode by having Brian remark that Stewie hasn't been like that for years. But, funny stuff with Copenhagen and the 1920s theme. I wish they showed more of that. I found it funny in a dry way that "Up yours" led to a regional nuclear war too. No kidding, that's all it took. I would have liked more of that and less of the fight at the end, but it was still a fun episode. And a good callback to Brian being a terrible author.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

I'll get tomatoes lobbed at me for this, but Brian and Stewie are the rare TV friendship I just don't buy. Especially since they were practically mortal enemies during the pre-cancellation days. Even worse, I can't buy them being besties. I just can't. Something about it just seems and feels forced and just . . . unreal and unbelievable. That might be one of the reasons I just couldn't stand the vault episode, and why I couldn't buy Stewie pulling back from killing him. Stewie would've and should've been all over that.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

I can see it's a stretch to think they're are BFFs, but they've been thrown in some weird situations since the first Road to... episode. And Brian even took him to see Jolly Farm. I can buy that Stewie would be hesitant to kill him and even think of him as a friend. Most of anything Stewie has done has been with Brian.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

Ha, the French surrender as soon as you meet them off the plane.

It's actually quite refreshing that Peter cared about Meg for once. Of course, if no one cared about Meg, then the Taken parody wouldn't have worked.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

Surely Peter would have offered her abductors more than $20 or his cheap watch if he cared?

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

It was refreshing to see Stewie caring for Meg and it was nice to see a different take on his and Brian's "Road to..." adventures (albeit an almost shot-to-shot Taken remake). I also liked the scene where Peter was on the phone with the abductors, it was funny and I actually do think Peter can be that cheap (sometimes, part of me thinks that he is not very aware of what he actually says to others). IMO, the scene with the family at the end was a bit weird (although, we did get to find out what happened to Meg's friend).

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:23 AM

I liked Peter saying the total opposite of Liam Neeson's phone call to the abductors in the movie!

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

It's actually quite refreshing that Peter cared about Meg for once. Of course, if no one cared about Meg, then the Taken parody wouldn't have worked.

ITA, and that's why I liked the first half of the episode. Too bad she still got screwed over at the end. Can the poor girl ever get a break?

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

I loved the "Car Chase GPS". "Yell 'hang on' as you drive down a flight of steps." Haha.

rubaco

rubaco

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

And the obvious stunt double at the wheel.

I want Mila Kunis's job. Even when the storyline's about Meg, she barely has to work.

Prospero

Prospero

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

- What did she look like?
- She had a great personality.
- That's her.

This was hilarious.

FreeperDave

FreeperDave

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

Thanks Family Guy! Now I understand that the Tea Party wants anarchy and pollution.

What a load of sanctimonious crap.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

So Peter joins the Tea Party, and Brian is again, the mouthpiece that points out the writers' opinion. Yeah. At least Adam West is still funny.

Did these people realize that most of the stuff they're doing were violating state & federal laws? If I remember, they only abolished the town government. Of course they wouldn't.

For some reason, I'd like to see the rest of Chris' version of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Edited by InvaderNorbert, May 13, 2012 @ 8:46 PM.

drazen

drazen

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

What a load of sanctimonious crap.

I'm probably a bit more centrist than someone calling himself "Freeper Dave," but I must concur. For example, Seth MacFarlane apparently thinks the town government runs the electric companies? Regulates, maybe, but as far as I know, utilities are usually private and have to fix their own power lines. In fact, it was a big story on the New England news when we had a storm that knocked out power in several communities, and N*Star was taking heat for not being able to get peoples' power back online.

I'm sure I can think of other examples of his lame straw men in this episode, but that one was truly baffling.

Kalidah

Kalidah

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Yeah. I think the teabaggers are, for the most part, dangerous idiots, and even I thought this episode was lame. Stay away from politics, Seth.