Family Guy

• Please log in to reply

8409 replies to this topic

aandrews

aandrews

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

I loved the Brian and Stewie story. Brian jamming Stewie's arm back into place is an instant classic. Very funny episode.

mcollierman

mcollierman

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Laughed my ass off tonight. A dolphin watching "The Cove" is something you would only see on FG. So awesome! Keep it up, Seth!!

Jilly Copper

Jilly Copper

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

The background gag of Joe dressed as Neptune just slowly falling to the ocean floor had me gasping for air.

Kalidah

Kalidah

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

"I've figured out how to kill two birds with one stone. Like this." >splutch< Another surprisingly good FG episode.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 2:06 AM

mcollierman
Laughed my ass off tonight. A dolphin watching "The Cove" is something you would only see on FG. So awesome! Keep it up, Seth!!

It wasn't that awesome. The main plot was good, but I found Brian as repulsive as ever in the subplot, not turning in that woman sooner just so he could try and get a piece of ass. I was actually disappointed in Stewie for just being willing to let it slide after all he was put through.

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

Favorite bit: "Japan: They kill things we like!"

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

Am I the only one that finds Ricky Gervais extremely annoying? The dolphin was very in-character for him; I loved how fast the family got sick of him. I did laugh when he pointed out Peter was so fat that his penis (not shown) was practically invisible.

Brian's back to being a total d-bag, I see.

I was actually disappointed in Stewie for just being willing to let it slide after all he was put through.

It's times like these when I long for the pre-cancellation homicidal Stewie.

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

Am I the only one that finds Ricky Gervais extremely annoying? The dolphin was very in-character for him; I loved how fast the family got sick of him.

Well it worked best when he was David Brent the boss in the original UK The Office!

Reading Twitter, a lot of people aren't aware who did the voice. They just know that the dolphin's British

Edited by Limbonaut, Feb 20, 2012 @ 8:21 PM.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

RG's voice is pretty distinctive to me, and he has a line delivery style that's pretty common to all the characters he plays. Having the dolphin just "there" in the house in the way of everyone was funny to me. Plus he thought he was so great that he got a hood ornament!

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:01 AM

This episode wasn't bad but I did like the B-plot more than the A-plot.

I know that Quagmire is a horrible nymphomaniac, who has possibly raped many women, but the B-plot made me like Brian even less. Plus, it kinds of proves that what Quagmire said about Brian, rang true in this episode. I mean, I would have like for Brian to call the police first (maybe anonymously call the police) and then try to date her from prison. For me, it is the fact that he would only call the police when he realized that he won't be able to sleep with her.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Is The Cove a real documentary? I don't want to see it if it's anything like how it sounded.

This was the first time i was ever absolutely disgusted with Brian.

beadgirl

beadgirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Ugh. Remember when Brian was the moral voice of reason?

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Is The Cove a real documentary? I don't want to see it if it's anything like how it sounded.

It is and they were pretty spot on. It is actually about Japanese dolphin hunting, which is why they had the Japanese person at the door to hunt the dolphin.

Edited by Cherith, Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

Brian was a real slimebag in this episode, but I gotta admit: I found his and Stewie's plotline to be appallingly funny, especially their freeze frame ending. ("Oh, you!")

Did anyone notice British actress Lucy Punch as the voice of the lady dolphin?

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

I swear SM manages to make me despise his characters more and more each time. I loathe Brian and abhor him to the pit of my stomach. He is such a preachy, contrarian, switch-hitting, hypocrite that it makes me sick; I know that he's just a cartoon character but his actions during the latest episode were deplorable even by Griffin family standards. And it sickens me even more that the absolute only reason he did in fact call the cops in the end was because Miss Emily was already shacking up with a guy, but not because the children are being kidnapped/abused/neglected/etc. Between the continual Transgender bashing (see Quagmire's father), woman hating, and now sexual promiscuity induced ignorance I don't know where Seth is going to take the show next, maybe feature a segment on Quagmire trying legally marry a baby because "he's Quagmire!" and backing it up by saying it's "edgy" and "just a cartoon". I'm getting kind of tired of all of the MacFarlane comedies anyway, and I hear there's a new one coming out soon as well; same premise except about a mom as the breadwinner....

Edited by Blixx, Feb 25, 2012 @ 8:06 AM.

neglander

neglander

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

Am I the only one that finds Ricky Gervais extremely annoying?

You are not the only one that finds him annoying. I have never seen him in anything were I thought he was funny and that includes The Office.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

beadgirl
Ugh. Remember when Brian was the moral voice of reason?

I do. I don't know what the hell happened to him. Years ago, if I were asked to rank all six Griffins, he'd have been at least in the top three, easy. Now, he's floundering right down at the bottom for me. Even below Peter and Stewie (largely because Peter's at least been slowly rehabilitating himself as a character and Stewie's getting a taste of the back-burner a bit more often).

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

I swear SM manages to make me despise his characters more and more each time. I loathe Brian and abhor him to the pit of my stomach. He is such a preachy, contrarian, switch-hitting, hypocrite that it makes me sick; I know that he's just a cartoon character but his actions during the latest episode were deplorable even by Griffin family standards. And it sickens me even more that the absolute only reason he did in fact call the cops in the end was because Miss Emily was already shacking up with a guy, but not because the children are being kidnapped/abused/neglected/etc. Between the continual Transgender bashing (see Quagmire's father), woman hating, and now sexual promiscuity induced ignorance I don't know where Seth is going to take the show next, maybe feature a segment on Quagmire trying legally marry a baby because "he's Quagmire!" and backing it up by saying it's "edgy" and "just a cartoon".-Blixx

I do. I don't know what the hell happened to him. Years ago, if I were asked to rank all six Griffins, he'd have been at least in the top three, easy. Now, he's floundering right down at the bottom for me. Even below Peter and Stewie (largely because Peter's at least been slowly rehabilitating himself as a character and Stewie's getting a taste of the back-burner a bit more often).-TDI Ashley

Like you guys, I also remember the days when Brian was supposed to be the voice of reason and for some reason I remember once hearing that Brain, at times, was supposed to be SM's voice on certain subject matter (I have no idea if this is true and I can't remember where I heard it). Although, right now I feel that SM must want us to hate FG or that he really thinks that this is funny (along with his writing staff).

Honestly I found Brain, in the early seasons, to be alright but my favorite character was Stewie (what ever happen with "victory is mine" phrase and his consent plans to take over the world?) and I really enjoyed the secondary characters.

I'm getting kind of tired of all of the MacFarlane comedies anyway, and I hear there's a new one coming out soon as well; same premise except about a mom as the breadwinner....-Blixx

I think that the cartoon you are thinking is the new Flintstones reboot that SM is working on. In addition, I had no idea that one of his cartoons will have a mother that is the bread winner. Personally, I think that development is a step up than what we are use to seeing in animation, today. Usually, we see the family as the father/husband goes out and work, while the mother/wife is a stay-at-home mother, and the kids go to school.

Edited by TVspectator, Mar 3, 2012 @ 8:32 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

A Baby Rave. Shame we never got to see THAT visual. But speaking of visuals we DID see: Wheel-Cher. So awful, but so funny. Same with Robocop taking a day off. And Peter's "Basement Family." Yeah, that was a weird one.

Liked Peter and Quagmire's rundown of stuff in an East Coast Pharmacy. I wish they mentioned the one leather jacket. Otherwise, it was dead-on.

So the main story was about insurance fraud and how insurance companies are evil. So...umm...The guys DID commit fraud, but at least the show covered that.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:30 AM

Liked Peter and Quagmire's rundown of stuff in an East Coast Pharmacy.

The bi-centennial deck of cards and the wax bottles of weird juices. That was a pretty wordy scene and I was impressed with the line readings.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 2:03 AM

Not a bad episode, per se, but not the best. Most of my laughs came from the conveyor belt scene and Peter and Quagmire getting themselves sick from OD'ing. Laughed at Peter and Lois both using donkeys as covers for themselves.

Disappointed in Joe for turning yet another blind eye to Peter's shenanigans, though.

That said . . .

"Quagmire, this was our fault. We've gotta make it right." I did a double-take at this. Did Peter actually admit to being the cause of something?! And did he actually show intent on fixing it?!

miz liz

miz liz

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

I loved how at the end when the family is wondering why the guys were let out of jail, and Chris says "I thought if you do something wrong you get punished for it."

Peter answers, "Oh, Chris. Not if you're white."

LOL!

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

I think that the cartoon you are thinking is the new Flintstones reboot that SM is working on. In addition, I had no idea that one of his cartoons will have a mother that is the bread winner. Personally, I think that development is a step up than what we are use to seeing in animation, today. Usually, we see the family as the father/husband goes out and work, while the mother/wife is a stay-at-home mother, and the kids go to school.

There isn't much known about it http://en.wikipedia....Animated_Series I found it on wikipedia on Seth's page (ymmv as to how acurate it is) but it looks like Ms. Borstein will be playing the female lead role, makes sense since after playing Lois on Family Guy for over a decade I doubt that she would be satisfied with just portraying a supporting character in the new series.

Edited by Blixx, Mar 5, 2012 @ 4:06 PM.

Lazlo

Lazlo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

I like the episode but I was a little surprised Quagmire's severe brain damage didn't go anywhere. I don't know I guess I expected it to drive the rest of the plot either by causing a Peter/Quagmire feud or by causing an actual personality change in Quagmire, like turning him asexual or such. I guess not.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

I like the episode but I was a little surprised Quagmire's severe brain damage didn't go anywhere. I don't know I guess I expected it to drive the rest of the plot either by causing a Peter/Quagmire feud or by causing an actual personality change in Quagmire, like turning him asexual or such. I guess not.

That's what I originally thought too, but I guess they went with the fact that it was a cartoon (4th wall?) as an explanation.

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

I have to admit to being shocked about the schoolbus thing. I guess since it was teenagers it was slightly less horrific than if they were little kids.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 2:05 AM

the episode after the next entitled: "Forget-Me-Not" sounds quite interesting. Apparently after a guys night out, Peter, Brian, Quagmire & Joe all wake up in the hospital with amnesia and Quahog is supposedly abandoned.

Edited by Blixx, Mar 8, 2012 @ 2:07 AM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

Sounds suspiciously familair...

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Stewie being frightened by Queen's News of The World album was great. We were all scared of random things as kids, so it was great to see Stewie react to something like that. The album cover in the lottery ticket was gold.

You know, the only problem I had with the Hot Dog Eating Contest was that the champ was fat. The best ones are always skinny as a rail. But Adam West throwing up hot dogs to give himself a negative score was great.

Liked seeing Fat Camp, for some reason I'll always laugh at fat jokes from this show. Barry from American Dad being there was such a great detail, but he wasn't used at all. I'll admit, I didn't actually think they'd bring back Patrick for this episode, but I liked how he was the red herring, but still vanished at the end.

indianhoop

indianhoop

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

Loved all the Queen call-backs....I actually had that album on an 8-track (yeah, I'm that old).

Stewie: "Why is he so sad?? He's already killed all of mankind!!!"