Family Guy

• Please log in to reply

8409 replies to this topic

ubi

ubi

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:04 PM

GREAT ep! I don't think I've laughed so hard in ages and I can't believe I've never seen it before now.

Big Boy

Big Boy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:45 AM

man Jackal! Jackal! Is it a jackal?!? Jackal, it's a jackal! Jackal! It's a jackal! Jackal!

I always just yell this out at random times. I've yet to meet one person who knows what in hell I'm talking about. So not gonna stop me though.

Edited by Big Boy, Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:45 AM.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:23 PM

I love that jackal line, especially Stewie's response. Another fave

"Oh, let me guess. You picked out another colorful box with a crank that I'm supposed to turn and turn until, ooh, big schock, a jack pops out. And then you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside."

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 10:38 PM

Oh, let me guess. You picked out another colorful box with a crank that I'm supposed to turn and turn until, ooh, big schock, a jack pops out. And then you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside."

HEE!

I love how Stewie is so out of touch with normal one year-olds. From Mind Over Murder:

Random Guy: Hey, it's a time machine!
Stewie: No, no, no it's a...blast, what the devil do children draw these days? It's...it's a pheasant!

AgentX

AgentX

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 12:42 AM

I love how Stewie is so out of touch with normal one year-olds

Heh. What are you talking about - I've heard many a one year olds discuss international politics, like in Love Thy Trophy

Indian Child: Stewie, would you like to learn how to wrap a turban?
Stewie: Why don't you teach it to the Chinese girl, or perhaps she can learn when her people invade your country.
Indian Child: Li, would your people really do this?
Stewie: Try and stop them. And try and stop Pablo's people from using drug money to buy arms from Li's countrymen who will inturn sell them to Yuri's people so they can ethnically cleanse the rest of this nauseatingly diverse grab bag of genetic party favours you call yourselves a family.

I'm sorry of this is wrong, but it was from memory. Also I'm sorry if this too long, but I just love this quote and crack up every time I hear it.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:53 PM

Lois: Peter, what did you promise me?

Peter: That I wouldn't drink at the stag party.

Lois: And what did you do last night?

Peter: Drank at the sta--Whoa, I almost walked right into that one.

Classic, but a good one.

Clockstomper24

Clockstomper24

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 1:04 AM

Wonder why they decided to air the pilot randomly yeasterday. Looks like they're back in order tonight. Next week, FG reclaims the 11 pm spot.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:31 PM

No smurfin way!

Penfold

Penfold

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 11:18 AM

I love the TV parodies.

Girl on picnic blanket: Mom, do you ever have a problem feeling fresh?
Mother: What do you mean, sweetie?
Girl: You know, do you ever have a problem with freshness?
Mother: I'm not getting what you....I don't understand.
Girl: Do you ever feel unfresh? Down there?
Mother: Oh....OH!!!...Oh...Oh, God no. No!

AgentX

AgentX

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 11:25 AM

I love the TV parodies.

Yeah, they are really funnny. I enjoyed the Star Trek one, where it acknowledges that the ensign always dies on the away missions.

One that always gets me is from the pilot, where they are in the courtroom...

"Oh No"
"Oh No"
"Oh No"
<Kool-Aid jug bursts in>
"Oh Yeaaaaahhhhhhh"

That momented cemented my love of the series, and that was just the first episode.

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 6:29 AM

Peter goes searching for books on potty training.

Peter: Well, we're Catholic.
Clerk: Oh! Then you'll want, You're a Naughty Child, and That's Concentrated Evil Coming Out the Back Of You.

Nearly died laughing at this. Never, EVER, drink and watch this show. Or Arrested Development, but that's for another thread. :-)

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:44 PM

Best Family Guy tv parody: Peter Griffin is -- That Guy!

The Done One

The Done One

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:16 PM

My favorite parts from Brian in Love

Stewie: Isn't it ironic how Rogers almost rhymes with...eliminate?

Lois: Maybe it's time for Stewie to start potty training.
Peter: Isn't he a little young for that? You remember what happened to the Lindbergh baby?
Mrs. Lindbergh: Charles, he's only six months old.
Charles: Honey, would you relax? I flew across the Atlantic myself. I'm a national treasure for God's sake. I think I know how to ...(flush) awww. Oh, God. Oh, God. All right he was kidnapped. You call the police. I'll write the ransom note.
Mrs. Lindbergh: What about Amelia? She saw everything.
Charles: You leave her to me.

I love how they alter historical events into something that hilarious. When I saw Amelia Earhart, I nearly shit my pants. The Stewie line was so great because of the fact that "Rogers" doesn't rhyme with "eliminate".

Edited by The Done One, Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:17 PM.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:27 PM

My favorite is when Peter talks about some really obscure British guy, then there's a cutaway to him telling us "You don't even know who I am."

NumberSix

NumberSix

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:25 PM

The obscure British guy is Benjamin Disraeli, former Prime Minister and a big figure in English history. It's a great joke that just points out Peter's (and by extension, the common American's) ignorance about things outside of pop culture (which form the backbone of most of FG's jokes).

stepping off my soapbox now...

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 12:05 AM

::stare:: "You don't even know who I am." I love that.

Perfect Xero

Perfect Xero

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 2:41 AM

Best Family Guy tv parody: Peter Griffin is -- That Guy!

My favorite (of the ones I've seen, anyway) is the Homicide: Life on Sesame Street one. "You're yelling at me Bert."

Clockstomper24

Clockstomper24

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:35 AM

I still love that Mentos commercial starring John Wilkes Booth.

trainman

trainman

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:17 PM

There's an article about TV shows on DVD in the new issue of "Entertainment Weekly," mentioning that "FG" was the biggest seller of 2003. Now, I had thought the prospects for a revival were still a little bit iffy, but the writer of the article seems firmly convinced that new "FG" episodes will air later this year on Cartoon Network. Very good news if it's true, obviously.

AgentX

AgentX

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:35 PM

but the writer of the article seems firmly convinced that new "FG" episodes will air later this year on Cartoon Network

Wicked, I was expecting Jan 2005. Sadly, being in Canada I doubt we will get it at the same time as the US, so 2005 is still a likely first viewing for me :(

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 11:34 AM

"Oh No"
"Oh No"
"Oh No"
<Kool-Aid jug bursts in>
"Oh Yeaaaaahhhhhhh"

LOVED that! And then he gets embarassed and backs away from the room.

I still love that Mentos commercial starring John Wilkes Booth.

I laughed for five minutes straight when I saw that. Only this show and MST3K can make me laugh like that.

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:34 PM

So the new eps might be ready by the end of the year? Jebus, that's fast work. Not that I'm complaining. I know they had a bunch of unused scripts completely written & ready for production when the show was originally cancelled.

If they ever made a live-action Family Guy, Seth McFarlane could play Peter. All he'd need to do is put on a fat suit. The same goes for Seth Green, if he were willing to play Chris.

trainman

trainman

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 1:46 AM

Now that I'm actually at home where my magazines are, here's the exact quote: "Thanks to 'Family Guy's' success on DVD, all-new episodes will likely be produced by year's end for the Cartoon Network. 'Family Guy' creator Seth MacFarlane is happy with his show's return, even to a lower-profile channel: 'Networks don't cancel shows and pick them up again, no matter how big the fan push is. If that were the case, the original 'Star Trek' would have stayed on the air.' Hey, it might not be too late -- we're guessing Shatner would be up for it."

Now I see the word "likely," so I guess it's not a 100% sure thing yet.

The article also gives the figure "nearly 1 million sold" for the FG DVDs.

rack

rack

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:44 AM

Even better than Disraeli, says I, is:

Peter: I am Neptune, God of the Sea! I sink ships and cause earthquakes!
Neptune: No, you're not! I am! And you know nothing of my work!

Ernos

Ernos

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 10:36 AM

Did anyone else think of Annie Hall and the Marshall McCluhan cameo at that joke? Just me? Okay. /slinks away

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 9:39 AM

Sorry Ernos, not here.

Peter on a raft in a Castaway spoof:

Peter: Wilson! What are we going to do?!? Wilson! Wilson!

Volleyball: My name is Voit you jackass! Voit!

And one more fave, when Quagmire and gang show up to be Peter's crew on his new boat:

Quagmire: You've always been there for us Peter.

[cut to spoof of Pulp Fiction with Quagmire, Cleveland, and Joe bent over and pants down. Peter comes in and knocks the bad guys out]

Peter: Yeah, it's a shame I got there after the sodomy.

But how about some favorite Quagmire lines? Some of my faves:

(seeing a girl tied up in the bathroom stall) Dear Diary, Jackpot!

"I felt bad once, but then she woke up halfway through."

"In the 80s, I was always in bed by 8, and home by 10."

Woman in Quagmire's bed after sex: Quagmire honey, what do you do for a living?
Quagmire: I have a question for you, why are you still here?

Edited by samsnee, Jan 15, 2004 @ 9:56 AM.

bakaney

bakaney

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:50 AM

but the writer of the article seems firmly convinced that new "FG" episodes will air later this year on Cartoon Network

The new episodes are going to be on Cartoon Network? Not on FUX? I simply assumed that the funding for the episodes came from Fucking FOX and so they would have first go at the episodes. But Yay! if the episodes go straight to Cartoon Network. Or is Cartoon Network simply a small arm of the FUX conglomerate or something.The further away from FUX, the better.

Does anyone else find the funniest part of the "Give Up The Toad Now" song, the non-sequitor cut to Brian reading the newspaper and stopping to sing along? 'Doing Kermit'. Hee.

Edited by bakaney, Jan 16, 2004 @ 10:46 AM.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:45 PM

I personally like the riff on the Tootsie Pop commercial:

How many licks of a toad does it take to get to the Rhode Island State Correctional Facility? JUST ONE.

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 3:15 PM

Cartoon Network is owned by Time Warner. It has no connection whatsoever to any part of Fox. As for why new Family Guy episodes would air on CN instead of Fox, it's because it's a sucess by cable standards. A lot has been made of the first DVD collection selling nearly one million copies, but if the same number of people watched a TV show, it would get a rating of about 0.9. (One rating point equals about 1.08 million households.)

Clockstomper24

Clockstomper24

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 2:57 AM

Yup. 1.08 is no where near The Simpson's 14 million-ish. Plus CN is willing to pay through the nose, since it's their highest rated show.