Neighbours

• Please log in to reply

2481 replies to this topic

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I totally get Aiden being so upset especially when Chris denied him a second time and excluded him from the party. If Chris had been honest to Aiden about how he felt that would have been a different thing but imo he outright betrayed him and that can be really hurtful. I don't like Chris anyway and think Aiden could do way better.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I'm doing a huge catch-up at the moment after being away for a bit and SERIOUSLY? Kate just waltzes over to the manager and manages to convince her to TAKE HER JOB? The girl who can't commit to anything and got fired from teaching for lying about kissing a student has, at the age of twenty, got the job of manager at Charlie's. How many more things can this girl get handed to her on a plate?

And Sheila's an interfering piece of work too. Why is what happens with Kate or Lou any of her business? And just coming in and telling Kyle he doesn't like his girlfriend after a few visits, how is that your business Sheila?

Edited by Blisters, May 22, 2012 @ 2:00 PM.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 4:22 PM

I agree about Sheila though in the case of Lou she did get him caught with his shenanigans with the rich lady. But she's over the top in her interference regarding Jade vs. Kate (though she may be right).

Cute Kate putting the colored bits in Sophie's hair. That relationship is a lot more fun to watch without Kate being a shrew.

I didn't realize Susan has MS. I suppose that is what Rhys' mother has too?

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Susan's had it for a few years - I remember watching them film the scene when she collapsed in a shopping centre car park right after she was diagnosed.

Not sure they've ever explained what's going on with Rhys's mother, but putting her with Susan was a brilliant idea. Such an amazing rapport.

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

Susan's MS is responsible for one of Neighbours greatest ever moments, namely Didge getting run over.

Sadly, it did not prove to be fatal.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

I thought Kate helping Lou was cute. Though Lou might understand women his age better than Kate does.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

I see it differently. I think it is appalling that Kate is helping Lou to con women out of money.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 5:28 AM

At this point I don't see it as a con, since the women know they are "buying" Lou's company. Though he is a fraud on the "English gentleman" case. I wonder if the lady can sue to get her money back. :)

Elsewhere on the legal front, Troy was trespassing at the time of the attack, so I wonder if that will figure in. In the he said/he said part of it, Toadie will probably be honest - he did let himself get goaded into punching Troy, but then a jury would likely believe it if Toadie said that Troy punched him or threatened him first. Toadie was in his home, which under English common law anyway gives a bigger right to defend.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

What this show doesn't need right now is one of its best young characters leaving.
Spoiler

ETA: Tash's artistic interpretation of the wind was the most I've laughed at Neighbours in ages, especially when her class fell over backwards for it.

Edited by Blisters, Jun 10, 2012 @ 3:05 PM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 1:44 AM

What this show doesn't need right now is one of its best young characters leaving.

Spoiler

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

Spoiler

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 7:02 PM

I think we can write about it without spoiler bars now as it's out in the main press.

Kyle ending up with St Bloody Kate is my fear too. Such a Mary Sue.

What's a Mary Sue?

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 9:00 AM

A Mary Sue is a character written as being almost perfect, who the writers seem to dote on.

Here's the wiki entry for the term:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

A Mary Sue is a character written as being almost perfect, who the writers seem to dote on.

Ah thanks, :-). Well I used to like Kate but imo she keeps getting worse and worse and I would take Jade any day over her now.

Edited by nozycat, Jun 15, 2012 @ 2:35 AM.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

There was a time late last year/early this year when she did her own thing after the Kate and Noah stuff where I could bear her, but honestly what was the point of her going off to find herself if she was just going to come back and work at Charlie's? It feels like this show is constantly trying to shove in our face how great Kate is.

And yet Jade is the one we're losing...

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 6:32 AM

Kate did lose her teaching career over the Noah incident. IMO she is not a Mary Sue since she isn't perfect, regarding what she did with Noah for one thing, and she paid the price for that. She's not sympathetic in her feelings for Kyle, as she didn't have them at first ( I remember Jade advising Kyle to kiss Kate and Kyle doing it and then yelling at Jade since that advice turned out to be bad). Kate was into that detective who went off into witness protection (another time she lost, because she didn't get to the rendezvous point in time because of Sophie not making up her mind until the last minute.)

Not sure what that trip to find herself was for unless they bring that guy back at some point.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

I hope Callum won't be feeling too bad for too long. Troy's death is his own fault for not staying in the hospital and getting proper treatment. And there were still indications that Troy didn't care about seeing Callum so much as he was trying to make trouble for Sonya and Jared.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2012 @ 11:48 PM

I am glad Sonja came around and is letting the funeral happen for Callum's sake.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

Paul is a fun character - I'm liking Zoe and her standing up to Paul, and her treatment of Sophie.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 6:19 AM

I love Zoe too, and I wish she was staying around as a regular instead of bloody Vanessa. Granted I'm about a week behind, so I'm at the point where Vanessa's all going around making meals and stupid comments about killing ex-boyfriends to Jade and Sonya.

Honestly, Vanessa started out promisingly but does she have to be in every single scene? I just can't bring myself to care about her and her tendency to barge herself into everyone else's business.

I don't want Jade to leave. It feels a bit like she's carrying this show at the moment, with a few others.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 1:55 AM

I can't stand Paul but I like Zoe and don't get what she sees in Paul. I dislike it when tv shows put characters together where imo it makes no sense that one character would like the other. I can see Paul liking Zoe but what on earth does a together character like her see in a trainwreck like Paul.

I disliked Vanessa from the get go when she got all offended when Lucas asked was she sure he was the father. Why wouldn't he ask. She had a one night stand with him when she had just met him, only stands to reason she may well have done that with others and I think he should insist on a dna test.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 11:39 PM

I agree a DNA test is only reasonable in that situation. Vanessa should be willing to do that for Lucas.

Glad the Troy bit is over. The guitar music underscoring that part was pretty. I liked the poem Callum quoted and the point he made.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 1:13 AM

Yes, I enjoyed watching Callum grow up a bit.

I feel so sorry for the Jade character, she had just started to trust and now she is so hurt again because of stupid Kate and Kyle. And I really liked her and Kyle together.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

The house problem is pretty interesting - so it's a charity house - Kate should have let it go as soon as Sophie left then - I wonder if this is just written in or has it been known to be so since before I've been watching. Now I'm wondering what they will do to shake up the living arrangements. The Tasha/Michael house is free with Troy gone. Kyle needs somewhere to live and now so do Lucas and Vanessa.

Since the Salvation Army will sell the house, maybe someone or some group can get together to buy it. If Troy could afford a house by himself then some of the other characters could. In fact Lucas had a lot of money if I remember correctly.

I've been thinking too the Kapoors might move into the street - they seem to be rising characters in the show.

It's all kind of fun. Look at how Carl, now single, lives with two 18 year old girls.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 4:55 AM

Yeah I think the Salvation Army have owned the house since at least the Millenium, potentially due to Harold as it was his house but someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. That's how the Ramsay orphans got it in the first place I think.

I've read that
Spoiler
with Lucas and Vanessa presumably moving into the Williams' old place and Kate... I dunno, can't she just go travelling again so we don't have to deal with her?

Kyle drops in my estimations with every episode, and I'm left just thinking Jade can do so much better. Shame it'll take her a while to trust anyone again. I adored the scenes where she and Sonya dug up the time capsule from her childhood, even if I did spend half of it thinking "the current owners are gonna freak when they see the mess in their garden". At least she had one moment of happiness before Kate ruined it. That girl couldn't wait to beat Kyle to the punch so she would look better.

I presume Lou's gone on another break.

Edited by Blisters, Jul 15, 2012 @ 4:56 AM.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 4:18 AM

Yeah I think the Salvation Army have owned the house since at least the Millenium, potentially due to Harold as it was his house but someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. That's how the Ramsay orphans got it in the first place I think.

Harold donated the house to the Salvos when he left, at which point they gave it to Kate. The bigger issue for me is why they'd be selling it at all. Wouldn't it make more sense to have them give it to another needy family? Or is it just because the Kapoors have been established as fairly well-off?

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

Lucas having feelings for Vanessa seems sudden - not built up properly. And he could buy the house with or without her - he'd still have the child.
LOL the name issue. How did Callum end up a Jones? I thought it was Troy Miller? So whose name is Jones?

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 2:06 AM

Oh well noticed, Kim, it didn't even occur to me to wonder why Callum was a Jones. May be it was his Grandmother's name, or was it Sonya's grandmother who raised him? I can't remember the story exactly, but I would have thought his name would still be Mitchell.

Yes, don't know why the Salvation Army decided to sell the house, plot contrivance I guess.

doriangz

doriangz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 3:17 AM

Hilda Jones was Sonya and Jade's grandmother and therefore Callum's great grandmother and she (and her late husband) had indeed been taking care of him since he was young. We actually met Callum through her (and we never saw her with Jade or Sonya obviously since that was years ago). She was working for Steph as a cleaner and complained to her that Callum needed a male influence and Steph suggested Toadie befriends the young boy. Hilda died soon after and Toadie offered to let Callum stay with him and then ... well you know the rest.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

Thanks doriangz, that clears it up.

I was glad Paul ripped into Sophie, she is such a brat.