Neighbours

• Please log in to reply

2481 replies to this topic

babybluez

babybluez

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 4:18 AM

Ok I have missed a few eps so can someone explain to me why Sophie went on her toilet vandalism spree? Surely it's not just because of the Kate going on holiday thing?

Also, wtf was Paul all trying to guilt Priya into not suspending her, given the damage she did girl is lucky she wasn't arrested! Finally, Sophie, lay off the eyeliner....even Jenny Humphrey from Gossip Girl would look at you and be like "woah, dial it back a tad".

I'm kind of embarrassed to say this (especially since I normally don't like either character), but I thought the fight scene between Andrew and Summer was quite well written and acted. It was just so realistic.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

Sophie has been sort of building up attitude for a few months. Nose ring, hair cut, band following, fighting with Kate. Now she is in full on blast mode.

I agree about the Andrew and Summer fight. Summer is rather mature overall, considering her age. But then Sophie does owe Andrew some, at least from what I can recall right now.

Then again the bathroom footage is perfect for a rock video. Couldn't have been better if planned.

It's just soap, but if expelled, I guess she's out - or reform school? Juvy? rofl Plus the real world wouldn't allow someone as young as Kate to be a guardian, nor should she be one.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

Ok I have missed a few eps so can someone explain to me why Sophie went on her toilet vandalism spree? Surely it's not just because of the Kate going on holiday thing?

Yeah Sophie has been going off the rails for a while. And Kate didn't just go on holidays, she disappeared without telling anyone. I imagine Sophie already has abandonment issues from her parents dying and that they have been triggered big time by Kate now disappearing as well. That said I think both Sophie and Kate are horrid at the moment.

I was also amazed that Priya wasn't concerned about Sophie's guardian disappearing. Shouldn't she investigate that?

Neutron

Neutron

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 4:51 AM

Wow(!) at those fireworks (etc) a couple of weeks ago when Toadie and Sonya had sex. As if they do stuff like that on Neighbours. It was so out of place that I actually found it hilarious.

So obvious that they were going to use Audrey's death to create a ridiculous Susan/Karl storyline. Remember when Toadie's dog Bob died and somehow his ashes were accidentally dropped all over the floor and Susan had to collect them with a vacuum cleaner? Who knew dead dogs could be so entertaining?

And oh my goodness, could Priya get any more annoying and stupid?! Since when does a school need to be closed for an ENTIRE DAY just because one of the toilets is broken? That's probably the most ridiculous thing that's happened all year. Surely parents would be more worried about their kids missing a whole day of school than the fact that the water would have to be switched off while the toilet was being fixed. And don't plumbers start work a couple of hours earlier in the morning than school starts? They could've had it fixed before anyone got there.

Also, I don't see why Kyle's flyers had to be in the papers at all. If Callum was going to all the houses anyway, he could've just put them into everyone's letter boxes while delivering the newspapers, and there'd have been no problems.

And finally, yeah, I also thought that argument between Andrew and Summer was quite good. Normally Andrew is clearly in the wrong and makes any stupid excuse he can think of, so I wasn't expecting him to play the "you cheated in the exam" card and pretty much win the argument. And it was well acted, too.

babybluez

babybluez

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 5:13 AM

Ok I've always found Sophie and Callum to be annoying little brats but they have just ramped their brat factor up by like 1000 recently. Ugh, this is not entertaining at all. I really shouldn't be hoping for a couple of 14 years olds to get a massive comeuppance.

Also, Toadie and Sonja your stupidity knows no bounds. When is it ever a good idea to have sex in the workplace! These sorts of storylines bug the crap out of me because no one ever suggests the completely easy solution of "oh you have to work really late tonight, that sucks. of course you will be tired when you come home so how about we both wake up like half and hour early tomorrow and have baby-making sex". Or, you know, they could wait until the next month.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

Or they could let things take their course! And they know Jared has a demanding job. Just deal with it. And that firm couldn't be more lacking in a sense of humor. Even with whatshisname gone, it still seems to be a horrid place to work!

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 12:24 AM

I'm sure they'll ruin it somehow, but thank God Neighbours made Toadie infertile. Nobody needs to see his spawn. Callum is bad enough, and he's not even Toadie's.

babybluez

babybluez

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 6:18 AM

Yikes, what is wrong with me, I thought the scene between Kate and Sophie was really well done! Finally, Kate expresses that having to raise your two younger siblings at like 18 when 'mum v car = death' kind of sucks. A normal teenage reaction from her is so much more likeable than her usual Pollyanna routine.

Also, can anyone fill me in on the deal with this Rhys clown? Anytime I see him he's making rude comments to people (i.e. ribbing Jade about Kyle being into Kate and nosing around after the state of Susan and Karl's relationship), but now he's practically in tears because no one wants to sit at his lunch table? Wtf? Is he a K/S secret love child trying to reunite his parents lol, or is this another one of his stupid plans?

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

I agree where did a 20 year old get a guardianship responsibility! I did not realize Kate was that young. She already seems to be in a better mood with that responsibility lifted.

I see repeating year 12 has infected Neighbours as well! It's very common on Home and Away. Too funny.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:46 PM

Sorry, am I supposed to find Lou entertaining for faking a neck injury and nagging Lucas about like his own personal slave just because he's been around since the start? He's been back one episode, and I already eagerly await his next break.

I liked Emilia for the first few months of her stint, before her stint became about Michael Block of Wood Williams. Nothing like being paired with him to bring a character down. And really, to dump Lucas for Michael. Michael! First Rebecca, now Emilia, any other characters he can ruin before he goes?

Edited by Blisters, Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:48 PM.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

Sorry, am I supposed to find Lou entertaining for faking a neck injury and nagging Lucas about like his own personal slave just because he's been around since the start? He's been back one episode, and I already eagerly await his next break.

Where does he go, anyway? It seems like they've stopped even trying to write him out temporarily.

I liked Emilia for the first few months of her stint, before her stint became about Michael Block of Wood Williams. Nothing like being paired with him to bring a character down. And really, to dump Lucas for Michael. Michael! First Rebecca, now Emilia, any other characters he can ruin before he goes?

Probably Susan. Or Pria. Or Chris.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

I'm pretty much on the fence about Toadie, at times I quite like him others I find him a bit much (can't stand his nickname though - why Toadie?), but I am so over the babymaking efforts, let them just get pregnant or adopt or whatever. And it so bugs me when one partner says if it's a problem with the other one not to worry, they are fine with it, but then when it turns to be themselves they get all cut about it as if they are so much more important. And also I used to like Sonya but now I find her really grating most of the time. I liked her quiet energy but now the actress plays her so over the top, I find that really offputting.

I think it's terrible the way Kate has been behaving, I know she is young but sometimes in life you just have to step up to the plate and taking off without letting anyone know and then palming Sophie off on Paul when Kate knows how horrible he is I think is awful.

No idea what is going on with Rhys and Karl and Susan.

Can't stand Lou, never could, I doubt I ever will, he sets my teeth on edge.

I liked Emilia at first, but she is such a dirty cheater, Mike as well. I can't believe they were getting it on while his wife and child were just a few metres away and now they've been cheating on Lucas.

Why do I even watch this show, lol?

Eta - Lou was on a cruise I think.

Yeah what's up with all the repeating of year 12? Is that really something you can just choose to do?

Edited by nozycat, Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:16 AM.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

Probably Susan. Or Pria. Or Chris.

And there we go. Chris? Ruined. Gah.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

And it so bugs me when one partner says if it's a problem with the other one not to worry, they are fine with it, but then when it turns to be themselves they get all cut about it as if they are so much more important.

Yes, that's so common on soaps. They want you to think the character is such a good person they'll apply different standards to everyone else. I hate it when soap characters feel guilty about things they cannot help. The shake scenes were cute though, both the ones with Susan and Sonya realizing how bad it tasted and Sonya's adding banana and honey to the recipe.

Kind of enjoying the Eden Hills uniform. As long as it's a checked dress, it can be any color. And the hat! Too funny.

I used to be the untalented athlete who got picked last - so I felt for Sophie there, but then she went from that to number one champion in an episode.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

The Michael/Emilia/Helena thing is terrible. But soaps require you to forget a thing or two. Why would Helena who can't swim let her small child into the water when she's the only one right there? Just bad luck/timing. And who would cheat on their spouse in that situation? Only someone as dumb as Michael. Helena and the kid could easily wander bak to the Sandman.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

Yes totally dumb, not to mention super sleazy. I feel nothing but contempt for both of them. I feel so sorry for Tash of whom I am normally not a big fan.

Edited by nozycat, Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:58 AM.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

I feel like throwing a huge party now that Michael's finally gone. I have to admit, he was on screen so much I was convinced his departure news would be a cruel, cruel hoax. I'm kinda sad to see Emilia go, but really if you're gonna have a Wiccan ritual in your boyfriend's back garden where you can pretty easily be found confessing to being the reason her sister's dead, you're kinda asking for other people to find out. Also, Emilia's black and white Tash flashbacks were... weird. Very weird.

I wasn't really sold on Valentina's acting on her big speech outside the police station, which was a bit disappointing as she's usually really good at the fun stuff and I love Tash. Something just seemed a bit off.

Rhys, evil of all evil plans trying to fix Jessica to win a charity run. Is there anything more evil?

I'm enjoying Summer at the moment, I don't know if it's because she's fixed her hair or her journalism aspirations are a bit more interesting now she's at school. Interested to see where her character's going this year, and usually I can't stand her.

But I really can't complain at all, because Michael Williams is gone and all is good again. Until Sophie next turns up.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 12:52 AM

I can't believe Michael just up and left, what a despicable thing to do to Tash on top of everything else. Imo it doesn't matter what she said she needed him to be there, face up to the consquences of his actions and be accountable. And I thought Emilia was leaving so he could heal his relationship with Tash, instead she picks him up and takes him with her, she's no better

I am so glad that Jade saw through Rhys and is giving him what for. He is also despicable afaic.

Neutron

Neutron

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

Last night in that scene where Summer and Andrew kept checking their phones, Andrew's phone said the date was Sunday, 8th April (at about 7:15 PM), and literally one second later, Summer's phone said it was Monday, 9th April (at 7:05 PM, I think). Then in tonight's episode they were all getting ready for the Easter weekend (6th-8th April). I think I must have missed the episode where time travel was invented.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

Close call for Rhys. Though why does he think anyone will think negatively of him due to Mum's illness I don't know. That whole thing needs to come out - it's gone on for far too long.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Lol Neutron @ the time travel, I didn't notice that. How hard is it get something like that right?

Rhys is horrible. I feel so sorry for his mum, she was so looking forward to seeing where he lives and meeting his housemates and he wants to keep her hidden away like a shameful secret.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:41 AM

I'm finding Paul is a pretty entertaining villain. The Conrad Jackson scam was quite sneaky. Telling those guys in the closing bar where the party was.

Blisters

Blisters

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 8:07 AM

The past two weeks have been pretty good. Party Week was by far one of my favourite weeks on Neighbours in ages, even if Paul's reasons for wrecking the party were a bit weak (I still don't really understand his vendetta against Ajay). All the fallout with Summer being fired, Susan spilling the beans, Summer being rehired... for once I was actually itching for the next episode and that usually never happens with Neighbours. All the clean-up stuff with Tash and Chris/Aidan was pretty good too - Aidan's right, Tash is way too reliant on Chris.

Vanessa seems alright so far, although bogging a new character down with a baby and Lucas right away seems a bit of a waste. Also I don't believe for one second she'd start spilling all to Sonya about her being pregnant.

As for Tash, did she seriously think Michael wouldn't sell the house?

Edited by Blisters, Apr 21, 2012 @ 9:23 AM.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

I wonder why Michael sells the house without at last telling Tash and making some provision for her - though she is 18 and has spurned him, so doesn't she realize she'll have to support herself - or would Michael continue to put her through uni or support her through that. They didn't say how that would be handled, but Michael didn't have negative feelings toward Tash and felt guilty when he left, so it's weird that he's selling the house without warning her himself and telling her where she should go, but maybe I missed it. But anyway the whole thing seems to be the clear that house for another character and put Tash in with Summer and Carl or Andrew and Paul and Sophie or somewhere else.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 2:24 AM

They explained that Michael tried to call Tash several times but she wasn't answering the phone thinking it was journalists. I felt sorry for Tash for a little bit but she makes it so hard for me the way she uses and bosses her friends around and is such an entitled, arrogant brat imo.

babybluez

babybluez

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:40 AM

I have decided this week is the best Neighbours week ever for the sole fact that we got some nice lingering shots of Kyle wearing nothing but boxers. I approve!!

Also, Kate, there was a period of about 2 weeks where I didn't hate you (when you decided you didn't want to be Sophie's mother), but lately I hate you SO MUCH. First, since Kyle and Jade are your friends why did you engage in that horrible bet with Rhys that he could seduce Jade? And why, when Kyle has had the hots for you for the past 2 years yet you haven't so much as given him a look in, have you suddenly decided you're into him? A bit strange that it coincides with him and Jade being happy - methinks missy just doesn't like the idea of her little lapdog not panting after her anymore. Finally, wtf was with lying to Kyle that Lou didn't steal $8,000 from him. Bitch, Kyle deserves to know that Lou is thief!

Good to see Susan has been editor for like one day and is already stuffing things up. Hey lady, maybe you shouldn't be giving your private computer passwords to the 18 y/o intern in the first place.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:09 AM

I know, right? And from the walking shots, it looked like there was more than enough down there to keep Jade AND Kate happy if he wanted to. Which just makes the whole Kate-rejection storyline even funnier.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:34 AM

Hahaha, serves Sophie right. What a brat she has turned into and how mean to treat her supposed best friends like that. Loved it when they realised and turned it around on her.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

Interfering Granny is right but needs to keep quiet about it in front of Jade. Kyle hardly needs pressure on him to settle down.

Christos' father is a mix for me - at times realistic and others annoying. Chris is uni age, right? So he'd live with roomies anyway and possibly date. So what's wrong with him having a guy? Aidan's likely a bit older than he is, since he's working and has his own place - somehow that struck me along with the conversation they had at the hospital.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

IMO Aidan should not be so hard on Chris. Aidan is at least four years older ( I suppose a nurse needs four years of college). He ought to understand homophobia and parents having a hard time with coming out and these issues. Chris should have just told him about the birthday party and why Aidan can't come, but Aidan is the one giving indications that he gets upset easily.