Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 7:54 AM

Chloe?

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 7:58 AM

Chloe is the owner of Lassiters. She had a love affair with Darcy, her daughter tried to kill Darcy and her son was engaged to Steph, while chewing flick's lips.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 6:53 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the Trixie cooking scenes tonight. I still hate her, but gravy that comes out like jelly is good comedy in my book.

And finally, somebody else (two people no less) is onto Izzy's bitchiness.

This will totally jinx us, and everyone will hate me, but I can't believe there's been no Horsebutt family for about a week. Yay!

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 5:33 PM

But you are all aware that no Izzy smackdown will occur, 'cos Mal is only here for a visit, and whilst the whole Susan/Karl thing may be resolved, she'll still be injecting her bitchiness into the House of Hoyland.

But anyhoo, I'm totally for Steph and Max breaking up, 'cos Max is a cranky old whinger, and Steph can do much better. Even a Curry brother is 110% better!

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 6:03 PM

And finally, somebody else (two people no less) is onto Izzy's bitchiness

I know! Even if Mal is more interested in a bit of Karl smackdown, great to see that Boyd is onto Bitchzzy, and he's making sure that Steph is not getting hurt. Please, please let Bitchzzy get what's coming to her.

What's the deal with Malcolm coming back anyway? Was he back in the '03 finale? And is just me, or was Mal always such a wooden, shite actor? Seriously Dude, dial down the aussie block method acting already!! Watching him have to carry a scene on his own (when he was on the phone to Susan) just goes to show how bad an actor he was. I was cringing for him!

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 4:04 AM

Mal only just showed up (AGAIN!!) last night or the night before. But seriously, he's popping up every two weeks or so. Go the fuck away. So, to answer your other question, yes Mal was always a terrible actor, but now he is much worse.

Come on previews chick, do you seriously expect us to believe there's a possibility Harold was kidnapped from a fully staffed hospital in the few seconds Lou said he'd be gone? The only question remaining is has he run away, or is he simply in the toilet/having tests/at physio and not missing at all? Not that it matters since he will probably be found before the first ad break, and definitely by the end of the episode.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 4:24 AM

What was with the camera zoom towards Mal as he saw Izzy and Karl talking? I mean, overdramatic much?

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 7:26 AM

I don't think Izzy has done enough for a smackdown. First of all, she has only ever been Karl's friend. Susan is just a suspicious bitch and Mal is fucking moron. Izzy has not come on to Karl with the intention of breaking up his marriage. Susan infers this because she percieves Izzy to be Sarah 2.0 and Mal is just insecure because o fhis parents failing marriage.

As for the Steph Vs. Izzy thing, she interfered no more than other people, less than other people. And, as she is working against Sax, I don't really see the problem. Root for her, people. If she wins Sax is no more!

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:35 PM

I don't think Bitchzzzy deserves the smackdown so much for her deal with Karl, although she could have recognised that she was causing issues and backed off a bit. It's more her selfish behaviour with Max, convincing him to lend her all that money to buy into the coffee shop and her self-centred ways with Steph, either complaining that she doesn't get enough attention, or doing mean things to her. Basically I think Bitchzzy needs a smackdown because she is completely incapable of taking others into consideration and she only really gives a damn about herself.

If she wins Sax is no more!

Who's Sax?

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 7:58 PM

Sax = Steph and Sad Sack Max

Bitchzzy is clever at turning everything into "poor Izzy". In fact, she truly is the Dani of Neighbours. It's.All.About.Bitchzzy.

She'll tell Karl that she's feeling unwelcome at home, but most of it is because she won't pay Sad Sack Max back the loan, she's planting wrong ideas in the kids heads about Steph, and lets whatever issues she had growing up affect how she interacts with other people.

As for Karl, I haven't decided whether Bitchzzy wanted what she can't have, and now Karl is "aingle" she doesn't want him anymore, or whether it's all part of her grand scheme, or even it all has to do with her "happy family" issues and she's just a homewrecker.

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Jan 28, 2004 @ 8:08 PM.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 2:58 AM

Wow. A Lori mention, and even a subtle reference to Harold's earlier disappearance where everyone thought he had been lost at sea. Go, continuity.

Poor Harold.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 5:53 AM

Foreshadowin for an imminent Lori return of course. No way would her or her baby with Connor ever be mentioned if she didn't come back.

I still like Izzy. And I still think Serena is more of a Dani than Izzy. She's a bitch, but has no blame in the Kennedy break-up or whatever it is. It's all Karl. And Mal is just too much of a dropkick to realise it.

In other news, Sky's going blonde. Which is actually the actresses original hair colour, she looks totally different though, a lot like our good friend Michelle Scully really.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 7:33 AM

Yes, because we really needed two of those.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 5:00 PM

So when is Munchelle, oops, I mean Michelle returning to disgrace our screens?

Have decided to anoint Lilijana at "Clueless". Your daughter and niece are having a ferocious bitchfight, however when told it was nothing, thought no more of it. Plus the whole HorseButt ™ financial loss deception.

Am looking forward to the Serena bikini photo smackdown though!

2/2 - David and Liljana clash over Serena's punishment. Lou witnesses the extent of Trixie's pain. Summer begins to appreciate Sky's point of view.

3/2 - Serena is humiliated when Liljana vents her anger publicly at Chris. Izzy helps David realise Harold's behaviour isn't normal. Lou makes a surprise commitment for Trixie. Fear turns to opportunity when Stuart gets a visit from the law.

4/2 - Karl continues to keep the truth from Susan. Lyn tells Susan about Karl and Izzy. Audrey suffers a terrible accident. Harold is not happy with Lou & Trixie's news. Reality TV beckons Joe and Lyn.

5/2 - Karl needs more time apart from Susan. Stuart considers life as a cop. Joe cuts Jack down to size. Sky and Boyd prepare for a sleepover. Mal announces he is selling the Hoyland House.

6/2 - Susan insists that Karl undertake couples therapy. Steph, Max and Izzy misunderstand the house situation. Sky and Boyd struggle with intimacy. Joe avoids asking Jack to help him on-site. Summer takes Sky's advice with Declan.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 12:01 AM

Sky and Boyd struggle with intimacy

This? Is Why Neighbours is the superior show when it comes to portraying teenagers. H&A writers should be spending 6:30pm weeknights checking out their competition.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 6:27 PM

9/2 - Karl's failure to reveal his true feelings gives Susan false hope. I wish they'd quit with this stupid storyline. Just send them both off to Cambodia or some other 3rd world country. She can teach, he can doctor, everyone ends up happy Summer survives her first day at high school.Hopefully the head flushing comes on day 2 Max offers Connor a trainee management position at the Pub - despite there being still no proper explaination that he's now a resident, or did I fall asleep during that episode[/i]

And now, the Serena Smackdown Update:

Lights, camera, Serena

Serena Bishop is humiliated when she finds out the shocking truth about the man she has fallen for, photographer Chris Cousens.

In dramatic scenes, Serena (Lara Sacher) goes to see Chris (Simon Mallory), who has promised to launch her modelling career, and is stunned when she finds a hidden camera he had set up to record their intimate encounters.Gee, we never saw this coming

“Serena is about to sleep with Chris when the phone rings,” Lara reveals.
While Chris answers the phone, Serena makes the awful discovery.

An angry Serena “refuses to give Chris the satisfaction of crying”. “She breaks down afterwards when she’s outside by herself,” Lara explains.

Lara, who joined the cast of Neighbours halfway through last year, admits this has been a challenging storyline for her to film.

“It was quite confronting,” she says. “I think this is a big coming-of-age for Serena. She will always be very sheltered, but this teaches her a lot.”

This is combined with Ch10 advertising that tonights' episode is one that they tried to ban (yeah right). They probably only tried to ban it 'cos tonight might actually be entertaining!

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 6:01 AM

Tonight was actually pretty boring. Except for the unexpected moment of brilliance that was the Serena smackdown. I was going to say that I wish Harold would just get back to normal already, but if he keeps this up, and aimed at Serena and Trixie, (what did he say to/about her anyways, I missed it?) I might grow to enjoy it.

What reality TV are Joe and Lyn going on? Maybe they're the 14th Hothouse couple. I sense a terribly ridiculous storyline approaching. And maybe the craptacularness of it all is what kills Joe?

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 6:05 AM

Thanks for the garden shears Serena, it's nice that you bought them for me. This is despite that Syke has always been my favourite, and pretty well much my opinion of you is that you're a spendthrift airhead who don't give a crap about anyone 'cept yourself.

I love that Harold has blown his decency and tact chip!

Mebbe Joe and Lyn go to "the resort", and Joe runs off with a nubile young babe.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 6:21 AM

I saw that and i loved it. I actually meant, and i should have been more clear that I missed what he said about Trixie or to her that got Lou so upset. Of course, soon Lou will be hating her just as much when his latest utterly predictable storyline has played out.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 8:45 PM

WOO-HOOO!!! Harold's smackdown was the best thing last night, not only because it was so bloody brilliant, it was so unexpected. Another "we love Harold" moment.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 11:49 PM

10/2 - An emotional Karl wants a separation and Susan is heartbroken. Stuart and Connor are frustrated in the face of career obstacles. Sky's revenge on Erin falls flat.

j91

j91

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 11:58 PM

I laughed and laughed when Harold told Lou that Trixie "is a very handsome woman." Hee!! Trixie is so a tranny.

The Harold smackdown was awesome!

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 1:41 AM

I thought the comment Harold made about Skye being his favourite was great! Not only because it was a smackdown for Serena, but because it was so accurate. I wasn't even aware Harold was Serena's grandfather until he mentioned it in the smackdown. She hadn't spent any time with him at all but Skye spends plenty of time with him, and they'd formed a bond.

bluezombie, Harold basically told Lou that Trixie was a golddigger. There was some other minor insults towards her but it was the golddigger comment that hit it home for me.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 6:27 PM

11/2 - Susan breaks down. Harold gets drunk. Now this sounds like MUST SEE TV! Next thing you know, he'll be eating beef kebabs and ogling strippers Lou's showbiz persona gets people offside. How is this any different?? Toadie supports Stuart's application. The Scully's apply for the renovation TV show. Possibly Joe will get killed in a tragic sanding accident???

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 8:34 PM

Harold's personality change storyline is really, really great. It's so nice to see a soap not dropping a health storyline after about three episodes *coughhomeandawayrhy'saccidentcough* I wonder how they will resolve it, though. Do people think Harold will gradually recover or will we be blessed with the snarky goodness of this new Harold for ever??

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2004 @ 5:15 AM

I thought it would have been better if Stuart had been the one to criticise Reality TV, seeing as though it's his claim to 'fame' (Because really, Neighbours? Ain't that fame claimy)

It was Scruffy that was run over tonight, and not that bitch of Libby's, wasn't it?

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2004 @ 6:04 AM

They are one and the same. Audrey (Libby's dog) ran away late last year, and everytime it was brought up how she'd gone, we'd see a dog running by the side of the road. When Jamie Clarke turned up, he had that dog which he'd found on a roadside. He then left it behind apparently and Stuart brought it back. Despite the fact that last week Karl saw the dog, and didn't recognise it, calling it Scruffy, he somehow recognised it instantly tonight.

The Audrey/Scruffy accident, and Karl's reaction afterwards were the only things which made this not a great episode tonight. Karl was practically hysterical, as though his one great love had died. Seriously, calm down.

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2004 @ 7:09 AM

One and the same? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!1111 BBQ!!!!!!1111!!!! That's entirely lame when everyone on the god damned street has seen 'both' Scruffy and Audrey and only when it's been mangled under wheels does anyone notice they're one and the same.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 3:23 AM

Is it just me, or does Summer just look so very evil when she slides down that tarp on that rubber thingy? (I know some of you might say she looks evil ALL the time, but I'm talking extreme evil. :P)

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 5:43 AM

Now I understand the whole dog running in the rear view mirror thang when Karl got spooked after being at the resort/spa and almost getting breath tested.

Did I miss anything the last 2 nights? Was up in Sydney playing a great game of "Override Mommy's authority" with my mother and grandmother.

12/2 - Serena steps closer to danger. Goody. David and Lil worry about Svetlanka's arrival. Is she as vague as Lilijana? Lou and Trixie leave. Lou leaving? For good? Toadie comes face to face with Rocco's darker side. The Scully's audition for reality TV.

13/2 - Serena discovers the truth regarding Chris. Jack impresses Joe at work. Liljana's controlling mother arrives.

16/2 - David seeks revenge for his daughter. If she was my kid, I sure would want revenge as well! Sky's attempts to get back at Erin goes horribly wrong.

As for TV Week....

A sad farewell
An era comes to an emotional end this week when Dr Karl Kennedy takes his leave from Ramsay Street!

Increasingly distraught over their marriage problems, Karl’s (Alan Fletcher) wife, Susan (Jackie Woodburne), begins to suspect that he is secretly meeting up with the beautiful Izzy (Natalie Bassingthwaighte).
Determined to try and find out the truth, she finally approaches Izzy and insists on some answers.

Later, returning home after their meeting, Susan packs Karl’s bags and asks him to leave.
Karl is very surprised, but his shock turns to humiliation when he finds himself driving out of Ramsay Street with all of his neighbours watching.

Everyone in the street has taken sides over the Kennedy marriage breakdown, and Karl suddenly feels very much like the villain.

I didn't catch this ... why does it look like everyone (Lou, Karl) is leaving, but Joe is the one who got sacked??

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Feb 8, 2004 @ 8:02 PM.