Neighbours

• Please log in to reply

2481 replies to this topic

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 5:06 PM

Hoping we're all over the visions of Karl in his undies by now.

TV Week this week reports (nothing that wasn't already snarked about...)

Not so grown-up

Determined to prove she’s not a kid anymore, Serena Bishop ventured into very adult territory when she arranged a secret meeting with photographer Chris Cousens at a hotel.

When Neighbours returns this week, we see that Serena’s night ends disastrously when she runs from the hotel suite.

“Serena had been so excited about this supposedly adult adventure, but she wasn’t really thinking about the consequences,” explains Lara Sacher, who plays Serena.

“As Serena walks into the hotel room, Chris tries to kiss her and then she sees the bed and the wine. She can’t handle it.

“But no matter what anyone had said to her, Serena has been set on believing that Chris is a good guy.”

When Chris (Simon Mallory) later sends the impressionable Serena a dozen red roses, all is forgiven once more.

Refusing to listen to the concerns of her cousin Sky (Stephanie McIntosh), Serena agrees to pose for a bikini shoot.

Lara believes her alter ego has fallen in love with the sleazy Chris.

“She’s infatuated with him,” she says. “He can be very charming, so I do sympathise with her.”

And so the Serena Smackdown Fest continues.

19/1 brings Harold's life hangs in the balance. Serena's romantic night with Chris ends disastrously. Trixie's Wedding night is not as magical as she'd hoped. Trixie catches Carmella & Connor kissing after everyone else has left the Wedding reception and she orders Carmella home to her protective father. Here's hoping that Trixie ends up being the misguided target of a mafia hit intended for Connor

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Jan 11, 2004 @ 5:09 PM.

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 8:17 AM

Please god let Serena be raped. In the arse.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:46 PM

20/1 - Fallout from Harold's stroke. Serena is drawn back into Chris's web. After Connor has a run in with Trixie, he fears that Trixie will tell Rocco about his kiss with Carmella. Here's hoping that Connor discovers that Trixie is really the post-op sex change FATHER of Nina, and threatens to tell Lou.

june_czarina

june_czarina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 5:01 AM

I met Dr Karl at work today (Alan Fletcher, right?), he was on holidays with his kids and wife.

Pretty uninspiring sight - in fact, whilst shaking his hand and having a chat about any possible whorage with Izzy (he declined to tell me) i couldn't get the image of him in his daks out of my head.. Quite nasty!

It was a really hot day in the [unnamed] theme park, the sweat was dripping off him.. But he was a charming little fellow... I didn't have much time to get any goss out of him, but I tried my hardest!

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:28 PM

If Trixie is indeed a trans-sexual, then Lou was never really married to her as the marriage isn't legal. Please let Delta return for this. I need to see a nina reaction when she finds out that Trixie is really Travis

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 6:16 PM

TV Week this week:

A scary ride

Connor O’Neill’s worst nightmare is about to become a reality. After a steamy session with the gorgeous Carmella (Natalie Blair), Connor (Patrick Harvey) is caught out at her house by her underworld-figure father, Rocco.

Needless to say, Rocco (Robert Forza) is absolutely furious!

“Rocco wanted to try and catch his daughter, who up until now has been hiding out at Connor’s house,” explains Patrick.

“They go to Carmella’s house to pick up some things, thinking no one is home, and they decide to have some fun when Rocco shows up.”

Enraged, Rocco locks up the Irish lad for the night. The next day, he drives a blindfolded Connor around in the boot of his car, and drops him off at the pub.

While Connor is petrified, Patrick reveals the scenes were great fun to film.

“Robert, who plays Rocco, is such a funny guy and we laughed and laughed through the rehearsals,” he says.

Meanwhile, Rocco sends Carmella packing to Italy immediately.

“Connor really liked Carmella and thought he could make a go of things with her,” Patrick says.

Will Connor ever see Carmella again?

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 12:25 AM

God I hope not. And I hope we never do either. And can't Rocco go the fuck with her. Get him the hell out of the show. As if a mob boss would live in Erinsborough. That's probably the big plan, to have everyone thinking he is, try to fool the viewers into thinking he'll get somebody hit, and then reveal that he's just joking and is actually a bank manager.

Do we know when Delta/Nina will be back?

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 1:03 AM

I don't think she has even returned to shooting, so it will be more than three months before Nina Tucker returns. Maybe Delta knew that Trixie was poison and ran far far away to cancerland.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 2:55 AM

Am fighting off Dumaru and Swen viruses on the work computer tonight, so will be missing (heh) the return episode of Neighbours. Lemme know if the credits at the start or end change, and if (heaven forbid) Trixie enters the credits.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 3:13 AM

I wanted to hate Trixie when I read that she was upset about Harold's stroke affecting her wedding night, but I think that she is understandably so. She's not kicking up a fuss. But GEEZ, what's with all the hostility towards Carmella?

Serena? Is in way over her head.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 4:19 AM

Maybe she secretly wants Connor. And she only married Lou to get to him. And she had Nina kidnapped so she didn't come between them. Or maybe she has a past with Rocco. Possibly, she's just a bitch.

The credits changed again, the shots are the same but there are new graphics or something different. It went by too fast for me to pick it. No Trixie in sight.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 6:42 AM

Possibly, she's just a bitch.

HEE!

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 8:00 AM

I missed the opening credits, due to the watching of Dr. Who (Shut it!), but the end credits are very reminiscent of HeartBreak High - The Final Years, when Danny Raco was on it.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 6:16 PM

Nothing wrong with watching Dr Who. Andrew's Gogo (grandfather) got drunk with Tom Baker in a bar in Sydney one night.

26/1 - Lyn warns Izzy on Susan's behalf. Summer's afraid of being replaced. Oh we can only hope! Replace her with a statue. Or a nice wall hanging. Trixie plays the part of the perfect wife. Lou's threatened by Stuart's after-hours garage business.

27/1 - Max and Steph get Summer excited about babies again. Mal's worst suspicions about his Dad and Izzy seem to be confirmed. Lou wonders which Trixie he has married. Woo! Here comes the tranny storyline!!! Hee Lou's anger with Stuart's enterprise grows.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 8:15 PM

I was really interested to see how they would do the sort of sunken half face that stroke patients have, but from the shots of Ian Bishop in the hospital bed last night, it seems he's doing an OK job of portraying the physical aspect of having a stroke.

Most of you guys here also post on the H&A board as well and we've been talking about which is the better soap over there. One of the things I liked last night was the little touches of realism that Neighbours put in, like David or whoever it was telling Skye to get a taxi to the hospital and that they would give her the money for the taxi when she go to the hospital. They didn't assume that she has this unlimited supply of cash. H&A would never do that sort of thing or let kids have the circumstances, financial or otherwise, that kids normally have.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 11:24 PM

In the majority of aspects Neighbours is completely more realistic than H&A, for reasons I posted over on the other board. Real families instead of beach bimbos. I'm not saing that Neighbours hasn't been through its' unrealistic phases (the Mafia in Erinsborough is one) but at least there's not earthquakes, landslides, and locust attacks even 5 minutes.

And there's no Tammin Sursok!

Timor'sMyPup

Timor'sMyPup

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 12:01 AM

I think the different ways the shows ended the year speak mountains about their reality. Neighbours ended with an elder man who only had one kidney having a stroke, which could have happened. H&A ends with four people getting trapped in an abandoned mineshaft. Whatever. Plus, it seems someones life is in danger every night on H&A while Neighbours looks at things that might actually happen.
After watching both last night I realised how much I missed Neighbours.

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 12:45 AM

Plus relationships are way more realistic. Example: compare Sky and Boyd to Kane and Kirsty. Sky and Boyd make out sometimes and hang out together. Kane and Kirsty have sex with each other and have gotten engaged.

ETA GO CONNOR! Good on you mate! Finally SOMEONE told Trixie off! But yeah, that's gonna bite you on the arse.

Edited by Sarahj, Jan 20, 2004 @ 3:00 AM.

Aspired Genuis

Aspired Genuis

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 4:42 AM

While we're doing the whole compare and contrast thing all you really need to see are the performances of Harold post stroke vs Buckbutt post getting hit with a million pounds of dirt (descriptions already warrant a valid point) In one scene Ian Bishop conveyed a stroke victims wounds, both physical and emotional, I felt very realistically. Whereas all Duckbutt can muster is a full stop at the end of every word and a limp that continues to change feet. As a teenager (don't be alarmed, no teeny-bopper here) I really hate the portrayal of teens in H&A, not only does it make others think that's all teenagers do but it also makes kids feel that's what they should be.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 6:12 PM

Loving the new snarky Harold, and the whole stealing the blanket from some other poor codger last night! Sure he'll eventually turn back into his old doormat self, but he snarks at Summer tonight. Should be worth watching!

Hating stupid Serena. She should leave for Summer Bay. Pronto.

28/1 - Karl admits to Mal he no longer loves Susan. Harold goes missing. Stuart's still haunted by the past. Lou's upset about Stuart's job. Still! I'd be more upset about that bitchy tranny you're married to! Summer continues her quest for the perfect kiss - try one from Liverpool!!

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 6:30 PM

Whereas all Duckbutt can muster is a full stop at the end of every word and a limp that continues to change feet. As a teenager (don't be alarmed, no teeny-bopper here) I really hate the portrayal of teens in H&A, not only does it make others think that's all teenagers do but it also makes kids feel that's what they should be.

WORD. H&A Writers? Meet subtlety. It's all the rage these days. Duckbutt? Meet acting. I think you'll find it quite useful in your job.

I am impressed with the way Neighbours is really going into the consequences of having a stroke. Not only are the family upset, but so are Harold's friends, like Lou. Great to see them exploring the simple difficulties that come from having a stroke, like not even being able to ask for a drink. I missed him stealing a blanket, but it looks like they are also going to explore the personality changes that also come with these sorts of conditions.

The only annoying thing is that Serena's annoying storyline was interspersed in with Harold's, grrrr. She really needs that smackdown soon!

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 8:33 PM

Trixie is becoming a middle aged Dani. Harold's in hospital recovering from a stroke, but It's All.About.Trixie. Getting the shits 'cos your new hubby wants to stay and be a loyal friend is just plain stupid.

I also loved the smackdown Connor gave her yesterday.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 4:03 AM

That was good, in fact great, but what I loved more was the change in tonight's episode. No Harold and his Horsebutt's. No Serena, Sky, Boyd or Trixie. So far this year all it had been was them, Lou and Karl. I was wondering if all the rest had been eaten by bears or something. Not that I'd care.

Re: The credits. Taj and Nina are both missing from the opening credits, but still listed in the closing, in amongst the other regulars.

I hope Harold stays like this for a while, and isn't over it in three days like Duckbutt, but I don't want a Susan-long injury. One months will probably be enough for some good laughs, and actually be more realistic than three days or six months.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 5:27 AM

I agree that Harold and his stroke are getting towards realistic. Brain injury can affect people in different ways. (Or in DuckButts' case, not at all apparently, since he didn't have one to start with) Some remain paralysed, or only remain so temporarily (Andrew's Grand-Nana had one 13 yrs ago, and apart from very slightly slurred speech, recovered fully).

But if part of Harolds' brain that affects rational behaviour is affected, it could lead to a personality change. Thus blanket snatching, possessiveness (including lashing out at someone who may take what is yours), etc. Possibly a relative of a monkey has gone thru a similar experience.

BTW Joe didn't get cooked by a bushfire, any guesses how they'll write him out?

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 7:15 AM

Where was Jack? Wasn't he supposed to come back with Joe?

I missed the Summer smackdown by Harold - what exactly did he do?

retrograde

retrograde

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 11:30 AM

He just smacked her hand away when she tried to nick his chocolates. I would've done the same thing, greedy little fuck.

Considering how popular the character of Harold is in the UK, I doubt they'd change his personality permenantly. It's just another retrograde amnesia-esque "we tackle SERIOUS things, too" storyline. Hopefully it doesn't drag out as long as that shit did, though.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 8:26 PM

The credits. Taj and Nina are both missing from the opening credits, but still listed in the closing, in amongst the other regulars

Well, Taj was always leaving because Jamie Reyne said he wanted to persue other oppurtunities, but I will be interested to see if they can lure Delta back. I am sure they are desperate to have her back.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 2:34 AM

I just assumed that if Taj is already gone, they might have decided to mention it, perhaps even show where he's gone to. I really want them to get Delta back, but I think her contract is finishing mid-year anyway.

Jack was mentioned in a throw-away line by Joe, he said that Jack would be back in two weeks or so, and was having fun with his cousins. Or some such nonsense. I guess he decided to turn around because when Joe called Lyn last year, he said "WE are on our way back."

Sarahj

Sarahj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 3:08 AM

Nooo... my little sister is watching this movie called 'Now & Then' and wouldn't let me watch Neighbours tonight - did I miss anything substantial?

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 6:44 AM

Well, Taj was angsting over his decision to not go to film school. But, it's all going to be good for some reason because some hot shot is staying at Lassiters.

They also mentioned Chloe today. Nice bit of continuity.