Saturday Night Live: More Cowbell!

• Please log in to reply

25816 replies to this topic

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:47 PM

I missed the nipples comment also. I thought her nipples were going to be apart of the opening monologue since they were so obvious. And I am concentrating too much on that woman's chest, lol.

The Britney skit was so lame and disappointing. That was the best they could come up with?

Edited by TiffanyNichelle, Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:54 PM.

Toga

Toga

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:48 PM

Those nipples could have cut glass.

That papparazzi sketch would. not. end. However, I liked JA getting out her frustrations with the press. "When are you going to have a baby???"

DrCher

DrCher

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:57 PM

I loved the Gaystrogen commercial. Everything else so far? Blah.

Mamalita

Mamalita

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:00 AM

I'm sure I've seen the Gaystrogen ad before. The Britney sketch was weak but I'm sure they would love to have her on the show in the future (for the ratings, if not her talent), so they could only be so harsh.

VartanTart

VartanTart

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:13 AM

De-lurking to ask: Is Jimmy sporting a mullet? Wtf?!

MC SammyD

MC SammyD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:15 AM

I just couldn't get over how terrible Jennifer's portrayal of Britney was. Has she ever heard Britney talk? That whole skit was barely watchable.

As always Weekend Update is wonderful. Jimmy's hair is unusually fugly, though. I'm still laughing at the Christian nudist colony joke. BWAH!

ETA: Do they even bother to script these entirely too long Saddam/Osama bits? Probably not.

Black Eyed Peas sucked, too. That girl CANNOT sing! They've got half an hour to save this disaster of a show.

Edited by MC SammyD, Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:28 AM.

MountainGirl

MountainGirl

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:17 AM

Al Franken and his one-man mobile uplink unit! Yay!

Edited by MountainGirl, Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:39 AM.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:24 AM

They were really soft on Britney. I suppose she'll be on the show again before the end of the year. And this Saddam/Osama skit will never end. Zzzzz.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:28 AM

Those nipples could have cut glass.

They could have cut 12 inch thick glass.

And this Saddam/Osama skit will never end. Zzzzz.

Started off good with "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy then went downhill after the Ron Jeremy comparison.

Sophia

Sophia

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:29 AM

And this Saddam/Osama skit will never end.

God, was that awful or what? It went on forEVER!!

39mickemuskrat

39mickemuskrat

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:36 AM

so is that Saddam Osama buit a reoccring gag because seriously it was just a time waster i was fascinated by watching the sketch completely self destrct there. they have to stop putting jimmy fallon and horatio on the same sketch it just never works, they can;t keep a straight face.

and yeah i heard my nipples are here.

comfysara

comfysara

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:42 AM

That Television Nippon skit was great! They really are underusing Maya Rudolph in this episode. She had the Japanese fan act perfectly done. That sketch was hilarious because it's so true. Asian fans tend to be a lot more emotional in odd ways for "Western" stars.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:50 AM

After seeing WU and the Saddam/Osama skit, I think back to earlier in the day when I was watching Half Baked. Once again, the thought of Jimmy Fallon not being on SNL had it not been for Jim Breuer's firing enters my head.

LegallyBlonde

LegallyBlonde

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:52 AM

Oh, the Osama/Saddam skit ended? Sorry, I just woke up.

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:57 AM

The Gaystrogen commercial? Among the funniest I've seen in a long time. The dancing rainbow Centrum-like man was fantastically hilarious!

swimmerboy

swimmerboy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:57 AM

wow...Meyers has some damn nice legs. He should wear cut-off jeans every freakin episode.

The "Friends" skit was the only one I laughed at tonight. Pretty dull episode for me.

Judois

Judois

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:59 AM

I was in and out of this episode. I came back in time to see that last sketch.."Are you my weiner man?". hee

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:00 AM

Overall this episode sucked. I did like the country singers.

Toga

Toga

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:04 AM

Tonight's episode wasn't really horribly bad...it was just incredibly blah. The "Friends" sketch was the only really funny sketch. Ok, "Appalachian Emergency Hospital" was kind of funny too, but I won't admit it.

Tina and Jimmy's hair looked really different tonight. Hers looked longer and his looked really flat and weird.

lannie

lannie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:05 AM

Once again, the thought of Jimmy Fallon not being on SNL had it not been for Jim Breuer's firing enters my head.

Jim Breuer was fired? Why? I ask only because I don't remember it being discussed in the book.

Senefra

Senefra

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:07 AM

Overall this episode sucked. I did like the country singers.

You mean the Black Eyed Peas, an R&B/Pop/Soul group who've been around for quite a few years, most notable recently for "Where Is The Love?"(the female singer is a nice addition, great live and studio vocals, eviable abs, but what's with the pirate wear?...)? I thought they were terrific, only tuning in just for their performance (Aniston's first guest spot was much better with the female "Fight Club" spoof)....

Edited by Senefra, Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:26 AM.

comfysara

comfysara

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:13 AM

Senera I think TiffanyNichelle meant the skit with the female country singers.

Mary Jane Fields

Mary Jane Fields

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:13 AM

This episode sucked rocks. They just did not seem to have any fully formed ideas.

I do not watch Newlyweds and I think it's really sad that people are becoming famous solely for being beautiful but dumb as paint but I will have to tune in next week just to hear Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey say: "Ladies and gentlemen...G-Unit!"

That's funny to me.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:14 AM

I meant the country singers skit. I don't really like or hate the Black Eyed Peas. However I can't stand where is the love.

Senefra

Senefra

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:14 AM

Oops! My mistake TN, but like I said, I only saw the music performance so...sorry! :)

And yes I agree "WITL" has been played out a little too much...

Edited by Senefra, Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:15 AM.

lanie

lanie

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:18 AM

There was a skit about country singers. That's what she was referring to. I don't think the female singer's an addition, she's in the video for "where's the love?" After just hearing her, my guess is that the studio people liked the song, but hated her and her out of tune croaking, so they got Justin to sing the chorus, because among other things he sounds girlier than her. She does have a great body though. I really enjoyed their perfomance it was actually entertaining, unlike most performances in this show. I enjoyed everyones dancing.

Senefra

Senefra

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:31 AM

There was a skit about country singers. That's what she was referring to. I don't think the female singer's an addition, she's in the video for "where's the love?" After just hearing her, my guess is that the studio people liked the song, but hated her and her out of tune croaking, so they got Justin to sing the chorus, because among other things he sounds girlier than her. She does have a great body though. I really enjoyed their perfomance it was actually entertaining, unlike most performances in this show. I enjoyed everyones dancing.

Almost all of the frontrunning members have been in the same group for the better part of the last decade. The girl was added around 2002-2003 for vocal diversity, which I believe was due in part to their previous mainstream chart rider, 2001's "Request Line", a collaboration with what would be the more croaky voiced singer, Macy Gray....

You're right about the dancing though, definitely hot...

Edited by Senefra, Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:37 AM.

JoBu

JoBu

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:44 AM

And this Saddam/Osama skit will never end. Zzzzz.

Started off good with "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy then went downhill after the Ron Jeremy comparison.

I would be hard-pressed to come up with 10 worse sketches in SNL history. Not saying I couldn't--lord knows there are plenty of contenders--but it would take awhile.

The cast mailed it in. The best bit, Gaystrogen, was a repeat. And I don't think JA is a good impressionist or improviser, so she wasn't much help.

On the plus side, JA's lower, lower abdomen looked really good during the monologue. I didn't even notice the ice-cutters.

rue bee

rue bee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:49 AM

Wow. That sucked so bad and it didn't have to. Don't they know by now that the shows that focus on the LADIES and Will Forte are always the best?

I think Tina Fey is an excellent writer and delivers her lines wonderfully but is she the reason Jimmy & Horatio get so much damn screen time? Are they like the brothers she never had? Or is Lorna Michael the one to blame? Cause that Osama/Saddam sketch is typical of their ability to stink up a show. They didn't even do funny versions of Ross and Joey!

PB4Uleavehome

PB4Uleavehome

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:53 AM

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey

Why do I have a feeling it's just going to be Jessica saying dumb things the entire time? Whatever happened to when SNL picked hosts based on their comedic ability and not their present popularity?