Donna and Josh: Keytus Interruptus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

17093 replies to this topic

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:53 PM

Personally I think one of the prime reasons I've never been able to hold Josh responsible for any of the asshat things he's done is because of BW's portrayal of him. He gives the character so much compassion, despite working in a cut-throat business. I love BW. But that's for another thread...

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 3:09 AM

Was it just me, or did anyone else see Josh totally check out Donna when she came out in her evening dress? I mean, he really stared. Understandable since Donna looked beautiful but it gave new definition to lingering look.

There wasn't much J&D in tonight's episode but I did like the little trick she played on him.

Dear Pot, Love Kettle

Dear Pot, Love Kettle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 5:10 AM

Dude. That was all I noticed. I had to rewatch that scene four times to get what they were talking about because I was so focused on Josh staring at Donna's ass, then looking guilty about it, then going right back to staring at her ass again.

They are so building up to something. You could tell by all the little things like their little smiles at each other after Donna made Josh think her "first time" guy was the one he had to talk to, CJ's reaction to it as she was walking away, Donna grabbing Josh to keep her balance while she fixed her shoe, and her absently handing him the cellphone. If I was watching the show for the first time tonight I'd know a hookup or something between those two was imminent just from that scene alone.

Now I pray I didn't just jinx everything. Hey, it's been known to happen! I kind of blame the whole Carby suckitude on myself, actually. *sniff*

kenyn98

kenyn98

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 12:39 PM

Dear Pot, Love Kettle, I particularly liked the bit where she handed him her phone and lipstick. I love when couples get dressed up and the men have to "be the purse."

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 3:52 PM

Okay it's one scene and the episode is not written by Sorkin bur I don't think I can wait till summer to see this one. I'm a shipper running on old episodes (wonderful as they are, of course with the Sorkin touch) but I need new ones.

They are so building up to something.

I got that from the 2nd half of season 4. Aaron was building up to something real big and he had the question. He also had Donna give Amy weird looks in 25 which I thought meant something. Then of course it all ends (and Aaron and Tommy leave) and I'm stuck here waiting till summer for the build to build up even more.

Edited by susan89, Jan 8, 2004 @ 3:54 PM.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 7:56 PM

Just watched the ep. I totally picked up on the stare. I agree that it feels like it's building to something.

GracieLouFrbush

GracieLouFrbush

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 11:20 PM

I love that Josh seemed to be floored that she lost her virginity at sixteen. It's almost like finding that out is making him think of her in a different way. I liked when Donna walked off (you know she knew that Josh was checking her out) and Josh just stared at her, the wheels clearly turning in his head, and said, "Sixteen?!" Good stuff. Come to think of it, Donna probably picked out that dress with Josh in mind.

westwinger247

westwinger247

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 8:43 AM

Just watched the ep. I totally picked up on the stare. I agree that it feels like it's building to something.

There was no subtly in Josh's staring in the ep. He stopped. Did a complete turn. and looked her up and down. Three times. Three!

I don't think Josh was floored that she lost her virgininty at sixteen. He was...I don't know if impressed is the right word. But it certainly got his attention.

And Josh was too adorable holding her things. *sighs* I so cannot wait for February.

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:52 PM

And Josh was too adorable holding her things. *sighs* I so cannot wait for February.

I so cannot wait till (assuming we get it in July) October! Please someone help me I'll never wait that long. I'm so very happy for the whole thing but Oct. is too much!

Plus it'll be September before I see this episode.

What will I do while all of you shippers are in heaven???

Edited by susan89, Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:57 PM.

Sprojunky

Sprojunky

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:53 AM

Donna was totally yanking Josh's chain. She only said that to set up the joke about the guy that Josh had to see about the Bill of Rights being the same guy to whom she allegedly lost her virginity. I don't think Donna would be brazen enough to be throwing that kind of stuff around the office.

Come to think of it, it was wildly inappropriate.

Edited by Sprojunky, Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:54 AM.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 2:13 PM

Either way, I thought Josh's reaction was pretty funny. "16?!?!?!" It's like he never knew Donna had so much sexual experience and he's intrigued. We know from his early convos with Amy that he didn't have much sex in college, and you've gotta assume high school was the same. However, you're right that it would be in appropriate in a normal office relationship.

Alexandria

Alexandria

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 4:05 AM

It's interesting that the episode was about discussing the past to prepare for acting in the present. Toby told C.J. about the mind-control experiments of the 50s before her meeting with the DARPA guy. Lassiter told Bartlet to listen to Lincoln for counsel on handling the problems in the Middle East.

Donna talks about her 'first' to her 'next'?

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:20 AM

Donna talks about her 'first' to her 'next'?

Hehe. That's good. I think with that thought in my head I have to be alone now.

Impervious

Impervious

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 10:09 PM

Well, after tonight's episode, I have to say that something is definitely building between these two. I loved when Donna ran out of Leo's office, and the others just told Josh to go after her. It wasn't quite as high school-ish as many of their other scenes, IMHO.

alexj

alexj

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 8:16 AM

Josh and Donna’s interaction in last night’s episode rocked! I thought that it was very compassionate and relieving the way Josh went after her and comforted Donna, when he didn’t extend that courtesy to Amy, after her bad day in Constituency of One. Cannot wait for those two to get together finally!

MsPhilately

MsPhilately

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 9:02 AM

*sigh* Last night made me smile, as a J/D shipper. Besides Josh running after her and the scene outside by the motorcade, I would have to say that I loved the whole Joey being pregnant part. Especially before Josh saw her:

"Maybe the time is right." -J
"Maybe not so much." -D

I laugh.

I only hope this episode's building of the connection between the two means something more is coming in the future...

maki

maki

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 11:45 AM

"Maybe the time is right." -J
"Maybe not so much." -D

I laugh.

You laughed? At a line from this show? Well, great googly-moogly, that's amazing. I'm glad something is finally happening here. And that the Josh/Joey non-relationship has some sort of closure.

SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:03 PM

Did anyone notice the dialogue b/t Josh and Donna while they were outside? Maybe I misheard, but it sounded like:

Donna: I need to learn to keep everything at arm's length.
Josh: I hope not.

Did I hear that correctly? If I did, I think that definately had some undertones to it..mmmm...some shipperish ones.

susan89

susan89

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:14 PM

You're kidding. This sounds just so good that I'm going to download it right now.

This is a very impatient J/D shipper.

Sedonared

Sedonared

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:18 PM

Oh you heard that correctly. Very shipper in tone and with the low whisper. It reminded me of what Mr. Darcy said to Bridget in Bridget Jones Diary. "I like you just as you are" or something like that.

ms black

ms black

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:27 PM

I thought that it was very compassionate and relieving the way Josh went after her and comforted Donna, when he didnít extend that courtesy to Amy

Nor did he extend that courtesy to Mandy when the FBI guy got shot and she ran out to puke.

kat

kat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:28 PM

SuiGeneris wrote:

Josh: I hope not.

That's what was said, and it felt rather loaded, almost a bit of a plea and a bit of a confession. Of course, I've lost all ability to see these two characters as being on anything but a crash course towards their destiny - with each other. Then again, I've also felt like a well-used crash-test dummy, especially with Josh angling for some 411 on Joey. Stop doing that would ya! Are you trying to run Donna into the arms of someone else?

Oh, and when Donna complimented Josh on his suit, did anyone else want to snark, "Is that your "Joey" suit, or your Tuesday suit?"

edited because grammar counts

Edited by kat, Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:39 PM.

fishvb24

fishvb24

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 3:32 PM

Oh, and when Donna complimented Josh on his suit, did anyone else want to snark, "Is that your "Joey" suit, or your Tuesday suit?"

kat, I thought that too. I kept thinking that Josh was going to respond, "It's my regular Tuesday suit!"

GracieLouFrbush

GracieLouFrbush

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 5:08 PM

Josh: I hope not

Did anyone else notice that right after Josh said that, Donna made this little face (you have to be watching for it), like a "what did that mean?" kind of thing, and she blinked a few times and then looked him dead in the eye. Finally some progression! Then again maybe I was imagining it because I wanted Donna to have a reaction.
Seriously, that quote is in the Josh and Donna hall of fame along with "You look amazing" and "Those stories would make me like you."

kenyn98

kenyn98

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 7:05 PM

Actually, she does not look him in the eye. There's a pause after he says his line and she's looking down, blinking. The moment she finally looks up is the same moment Josh turns his attention to Toby. It's brilliantly frustrating timing!

MollyBloom14

MollyBloom14

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 7:06 PM

I think after last night, this thread needs a more optimist name! :)

ms black

ms black

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 8:31 PM

How about Donna and Josh: Here we go, again.

Token

Token

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:49 PM

What about "Josh and Donna: He's wearing his nice suit"?

deborah

deborah

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 11:23 PM

How about, "Whatever, Part XXIV"?

Dear Pot, Love Kettle

Dear Pot, Love Kettle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:04 AM

I think Josh was just asking about Joey to see what Donna's reaction would be. That's so him.